Help, advise and services for authors on how to publish their book or ebook. Experienced and personal approach.
Welcome to KG Publishing Consultants
Your Helping Hand in Getting Published
We aim to help writers through the process of getting published, whether they self-publish or get accepted by a traditional publisher.
We have structured our advice to suit writers at any stage of their writing – just starting out or maybe experienced in another field (e.g. someone who writes articles, but now wishes to write a book). Publishing has changed rapidly in recent times, so it is understandable that poor choices are made. We have often met authors who have come to grief through making uninformed choices. It can be quite heartbreaking to hear sad tales of the money wasted or the opportunities lost. We are here to guide you through the process and give your book every chance of success.
The guidance we offer will apply to any genre of writing, from gritty true crime, to flowery fantasy. The challenges faced can be the same for all. This applies to all ages, both genders, all races and all cultures. We are free of judgment on these matters. Everyone has a chance.
We also believe in complete freedom of subject and no censorship will be tolerated. Any such restriction destroys our creativity. There is a huge variety of genres and a lot of work has been done by dedicated people to categorize writing. BISAC categories (USA) or BIC categories (UK) can be found online. A limited list is free, but one has to pay for the complete list of thousands.
We offer a large range of services to help publishers or self-publishers. These range from editorial to design, typesetting and cover design. There are various printing options and we offer advice about distribution and marketing.
The choices are set out so as to be both wide ranging and flexible. Take as few or as many as you may need. You may need help only on one small aspect or maybe you want help with everything.
You can find a lot of advice for free, but necessarily there have to be charges where expenses are incurred. Nevertheless we have kept our charges very reasonable because in these tough economic times we all need to save wherever we can, not so?
Between us, the team at KG Publishing Consultants has a wealth of experience to offer. Believe us, we have seen it all, and are constantly working to keep ourselves up to date in the world of publishing. Not only that, but we are both dedicated and passionate about what we do. We hope that some of our enthusiasm will rub off on you.
Crafting a book can be very rewarding, but that is not enough for most of us. We are proud of our work and want to have it exposed to the world.
First reading of MS, together with a report on structure, layout, creative approach and language.
from $175.00 (based on a manuscript of 70,000 words or 250 pages) or
from $0.70 per page
Spelling and grammar corrections
from $350.00 (based on a manuscript of 70,000 words) or
from $1.40 per page
Partial rewrite, sorting paragraphs, structure, spelling and grammar corrections.
from $520.00 (based on a manuscript of 70,000 words) or
from $2.08 per page
Straightforward typesetting of manuscript. Limited tables, only minor footnotes, no mathematical or scientific formulas. Image retouching, or editing subject to quotation.
from $2.00 per page
Initial consultation with two comprehensive replies.
Conversion of manuscript to eBook
from $1.00 per page
- Anyone who has started to write a book, is nearly complete, or even those who consider their Master Work ready for exposure to the wider world. The ‘birthing’ process for a new book can be scary but ….(read more)
- Anyone who has been disappointed by a publisher or whose self-publishing efforts have not met expectations. These things can happen to the best of writers, but knowing the “rocks in the river” helps you to avoid the worst….(read more)
- Any writer who feels somewhat daunted by the challenges of an increasingly complex and difficult publishing environment and would appreciate some honest guidance. Some ‘hand holding’ by an experienced and friendly guide can go a long way…(read more)
- Our associates have many years of experience in the world of publishing. We have crazy, amusing, disappointing and rewarding stories to tell (if you can spare the time)and we can certainly guide you through the minefield that is modern publishing. Please see our About Us page for more details
- We offer a full box range of services from editorial to marketing advice.
- Choose only what fills your need. We do not believe in three-sizes-fit-all ‘Packages’.
- All the services are reasonably priced. We want to make your experience affordable. We ourselves do not have lofty financial ambitions, but are rather motivated by the rewards of getting you a happy publishing experience.
- At the heart of it all we offer integrity and sound advice.
- How should I shape my manuscript in order to give it the best chance of success?
- How can I build an audience?
- Will I make money from my book?
- Will my book build my credibility?
- How do I gain some attention for my book?
- Is paying for professional editing worth it and is it even necessary?
- Should I engage a publicist?
- How important are endorsements and reviews?
Ingram is the world’s largest book distributor. This fee is for your book to be listed on the Ingram catalog. This is another method of alerting the buyers to your book. Useful if you are targeting both bricks and mortar and on line bookstores.
Uploading your book to various channels. We will need some confidential information from you such as bank account details so that you can be paid. If you are unwilling to reveal these details then you will have to partially complete the profile yourself, but we will guide you through this.
Amazon physical books $25.00
Amazon Kindle books $25.00
Print on demand to bookstores $70.00
In the USA there are certain costs and legal requirements to obtaining and registering an ISBN. This is part of the process of registering your copyright on the content.
$55.00 per title
You will find throughout this site many tips and tricks to help you on your way. We will continue to add new resources as and when we seek them out.
The tips will include resources such as sites where you can categorize your book according to the book industry standards. Weirdly they differ for the UK and the USA, so it depends on your primary readership market. The category/ies should also be listed on the outside back cover so that bookstore buyers will know where to place it.
There are also tips on getting exposure plus numerous resources to help you market your book once it is in print. More than ever it is important to post copy and articles about your topic, even some sample writing on various article hubs. In fact this can be done before your book ever gets published so that you can prime the pump and gain some interest ahead of the exciting day when your book is finally in print.
As a reader I am sure you have seen that some popular books will tell you, usually somewhere near the beginning of the book something to the effect “translated into 20 languages”. How does this happen and what would you need us to do to get your book published in another language?
As a rule publishers will sell translation rights to a book and will not do that themselves. The exception will be multi-lingual countries like Canada, the USA, Belgium and South Africa. The foreign publisher will know their market and have their own resources in place to sell it into their country. It would be best to ask us to handle this aspect for you because the process can be quite tricky and the foreign publisher will be more inclined to trust us with our more than twenty years of experience and many foreign connections.
Anyone who pays for a service will get lifetime support on that topic from us or any of our associates.
We want you to be happy with our service. Sometimes the response we give to a question may bring up more questions. You might suddenly think of something that you should have asked, and that’s alright with us. That’s the way of things.
Fiction writers also have to establish a readership, so in addition to developing your own ‘voice’ and writing style it is important to choose your genre (usually stated at the top of the outside back cover such as fantasy, science fiction, biography etc. In the end if you become known for your genre (e.g. historical fiction) that will be your expertise.